Who we are
VIDEO SELECTION ACADEMIC YEAR 2022/2023
Send a video of a contemporary solo or classical variation to email@example.com
The course will start on the 5th of September 2022.
Required age 14/24 years
BARCELONA BALLET PROJECT Academy
International High Training Center of Dancers
BARCELONA – SPAIN
• Practical Experience in the study of ballet and contemporary dance
• Practical experience in the choreographic composition and musical choosing (for solo, pas de deus and group)
• Theoretical knowledge of the subjects which are included in the program of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd year
• Final evaluation with theoretical and practical exam which consists in an evaluation in a ballet class and in a contemporary class, choreographic composition and written and oral exam
• Training of dancer requires today a more completed and specialized preparation.
• Beyond the technical ability, must provide versatility and different skills in the academic and contemporary languages, knowledge and capacity in the choreographic composition, in the improvisation and musical choosing.
• In our training program we give to dancers the possibility to partecipate actively to the compositional process, with various tests directing their creativity, about a proposed theme, to choreographic creation.
• The path leads students in the study of ballet and contemporary dance, offering a advanced and professional level of educational
and artistic proposals.
– Academic ballet
– Physical and mental energy and relationship mind and body
– Body centre considered as point where is our energy
– Floor work, floor relationship, knowledge of gravity force in dance
– Physical contact and relationship with each other
– Dynamics and its testing
This work involves the use of the floor as a key and driving force for movement.
The appropriate use of the floor and the force of gravity become an instrument to aquire knowledge of the center of the body and its connections with the periphery.
Motion and visualization in the use of the skeleton and the deep muscles, looking better motor organization with minimal effort.The work starts from simple patterns of movement that grow up to become more complex sequences .
Much importance is given to ” being present ” in the movement . This is accomplished by the use of vision and sensory perception.
During the Choreographic Laboratory uses several elements of improvisation led to further exploration of movement and explore the concept of presence , relationship with space , with time and with others.
It therefore wants to bring students to a knowledge of the movement of the expressive possibilities of the same, to develop their personal creative skills and to expand their own knowledge in a theoretical field related to dance and choreography.
CHOREOGRAPHIC COMPOSITION :
– Choreographic work: themes and ideas for choreography
– Creating Choreography for soloists , pairs and groups
THEORY I, II , III YEAR
- Anatomy Applied to dance ( reference text : Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais Volume 1 – Germain
and . The Archer
– Theory and History of Dance ( Recommended reading: ” The Modern Dance ” by John Martin , “The Art of Choreography ” Doris Humphrey , notes the professor ) ;
– Study of physical perception , posture and movement through the visualization. Testo reference “Viewing and Movement ” by Eric Franklin
LABAT CULT ARTEVENTI INNOVATIVE PROJECT AND PROGRAM STUDY.
As part of an in-depth study program for our dancers as well as an important possibility of visibility and contact with the working world of dance, the artistic direction of the BBP organises a series of study meetings with other directors of dance companies who will take turns along the academic year.